Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sarah's first 14er!

Mt. Evans
August 28, 2008
14, 264 ft.

So my best friend from High School had just moved here to Colorado a couple weeks prior to our Evans adventure, but she was excited and up for her first Colorado fourteener! We decided on the Summit Lake trail because it was shorter with less elevation gain for my flat-lander friend. Plus, it was a beautiful trail! This was our view when we started...

Here's Sarah and I ready for a great day!
Sarah's here, reading up about Summit Lake and Mt. EvansThe first little bit there was some scrambling. Come on Sarah, you can do it!On our way, the view was fabulous! And with a clear blue sky,
we couldn't have asked for better weather!

Another gorgeous view!
As it was August and Sarah was so excited to see snow! Lots of snow here!
Sarah didn't make it all the way to the top, but I was so proud of her-well done, my friend!

And the summit shot!

No comments: